We want to give you the best possible service. However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service we have provided then you should inform us immediately, so that we can do our best to resolve the problem.
In the first instance it may be helpful to contact the person who is working on your matter to discuss your concerns and we will do our best to resolve any issues at this stage. If you would like to make a formal complaint, then you can read our full complaints procedure below. Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your matter.
The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help you if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.
You can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority
What to do if we cannot resolve your complaint?
The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your matter.
Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:
- Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint
- No more than six years from the date of act/omission; or
- No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.
Hudson Solicitors complaints handling procedure
Hudsons Solicitors is committed to providing a high quality legal service to all our clients. If something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a concern or a complaint, please contact us as soon as you are aware of the problem so this can be addressed. All complaints should be addressed to Jonathan Hudson, the Principal Solicitor, at the following address:
Lothian House, 22 High Street, Fareham, Hampshire, PO16 7AE
Tel 01329 232112
What will happen next?
- 1. We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within five working days of your raising your concerns, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. Jonathan Hudson will review your matter file.
- Jonathan Hudson will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and, it is hoped, resolve your complaint. He will do this within 10 working days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- Within five working days of the meeting, Jonathan Hudson will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions he has agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, Jonathan Hudson will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again to explain why you remain unhappy with our response and we will review your comments. Depending on the matter we may at this stage arrange for an independent solicitor or legal professional to review the decision.
- We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman at PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ or call 0300 555 0333 (between 0900-1700) about your complaint. You can also email: email@example.com. Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of your receiving a final written response from us regarding your complaint. The Legal Ombudsman has provided further guidance on its service at www.legalombudsman.org.uk.
If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.
22 High Street
Hampshire PO16 7AE
Registered in England Company Number 08370629. Registered office Lothian House, 22 High Street, Fareham, Hampshire, PO16 7AE. Hudsons Solicitors Limited is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (firm number 562646).
VAT Registration No. 118771989